Software solution for calculating thermal stresses in glass by solar radiation
WINTHS makes it possible to determine the occurring thermal stresses on glass surfaces in advance with regard to extreme weather data, thus drastically minimizing the risk of glass breakage.
WINTHS takes into account various factors that influence the thermal stress of glass surfaces. Of course, the glass structure is fundamental: glass quality, edge quality, gaps, gas fillings, type and thickness of the frame or the thermal inertia of the respective construction.
These values are set in relation to the existing ambient values. The basis for this can be existing climate data for this region (average and extreme values) as well as freely selectable values.
The results are displayed in the form of graphs. In addition, all relevant calculation results are displayed to the user in a detailed report, including a summary of whether the respective glass structure satisfies the locally prevailing temperature fluctuations.
- Determination of low, medium or high thermal inertia of the frame
- Graphical evaluation with false colors
- Consideration of any climate data and orientations
- Calculation of arbitrary pane structures
- Consideration of printed glasses
- Different storage
- Processing of the glass edge
- Partial shadowing
- And much more…
18. – 21.03.2020 – Fensterbau Frontale Nuremberg
From 18. to 21. March 2020 the Fensterbau Frontale 2020 will take place in Nuremberg and Sommer Informatik will be represented with a booth.
20. – 23.10.2020 – Glasstec Dusseldorf
From 20. to 23. Ocotober 2020 the Glasstec 2020 will take place in Dusseldorf and Sommer Informatik will be represented with a booth.
We cordially invite you to visit us there.